When you’ve been pulled over for a DUI, you may be really worried about what may be involved in the whole process. How can you be sure that you are going to get through this in a way that makes sense and will work out for you? Here is a look at 5 easy tips that you can use to avoid DUI charges.
- Don’t Get Angry with the Officer That Has Pulled You Over. Many times, people end up in bad situations because they don’t interact with the police in a positive way. Don’t get angry and be as polite as possible.
- Take Some Time to Talk to Your Attorney. If you get the opportunity, tell the officer that you wish to talk to your attorney, and they will help you to proceed with that in whatever means are necessary.
- Always Follow Instructions. If an officer is telling you to get out of the car and they had the right to pull you over in the first place, then you need to follow instructions – otherwise, other charges could be put onto your current charge.
- Don’t Run. Above all else, be sure that you stay where you are. If you run, you are going to have even more charges stacked up on top of your DUI charge, and that isn’t going to help your case.
- Don’t Drink and Drive. No matter how many tips we give you, the thing that matters is this: in order to avoid a dui charge, just don’t drink and drive in the first place. Have a designated driver ready to go when you need them or stay the night.
These are some tips. Always consult with an attorney before doing anything on your own in regards to a DUI charge.